Refund & Return Policy: Applicable for online and in store purchases
Thanks for shopping at The Mom and Baby House.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
1) Online Return Policy
Our online return policy is in accordance with the electronic communications and transactions act (ECT Act) of 2002.
1.1) Goods which have not been seen before purchase
It is your responsibility to inspect items upon delivery. If you find on initial inspection of goods that:
- The goods do not meet the quality you reasonably expect from the agreement; or
- The goods of a customised order do not reasonably conform to the specifications of the order,
You may contact us via [email protected] to discuss your return.
You will have 7 days after delivery has taken place for no penalty to occur. It is your responsibility to pay the costs to return the goods.
2) In Store Return Policy
Our in-store return policy is in accordance with the consumer protection act (CPA).
No returns or refunds on any prams (this includes strollers, joggers or travel systems) and SALE items.
We only offer buy backs at discounted prices determined by condition of item(s) returned.
2.1) No general right of return
Although there are a few sections in the CPA that allow goods to be returned, there is no general right of return. For example, when a consumer buys an item, then regrets the next day spending so much money or the client does not like the item anymore, the client cannot return the item because they had a change of heart. In other words it is not a legal reason to return the item. Please see below the instances in which a consumers can return an item(s).
2.2) Goods which do not meet certain requirements
If you have been informed by a sales representative that the goods you have purchased will meet a particular purpose and you have only purchased the product based on this information:
- you have 10 days to return the item(s) after receiving the goods or date of purchase if it’s not suitable for the specific purpose you purchased it for.
- The Mom and Baby House will be responsible for the collection costs.
2.3) You are not entitled to return goods for the following reasons:
- if the goods have been disassembled, altered, damaged, added or combined with other goods or property. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, or
- if regulation (for public health reasons) prohibits the return of the goods to us once they have been supplied to you.
2.4) Implied warranty of quality
If purchased goods are not:
- reasonably suited for the specific purpose that they were purchased for,
- free of defects,
- in good working order, then
You may return the item(s) and get it replaced OR repaired for up to 6 months after receiving the goods.
Exceptions to the above rule:
You may not return goods if you were made aware of the specific defect of the item(s) or previously agreed to receive the goods in the condition it was sold to you.
3) Refund Policy
Once we receive your item(s), we will inspect it and notify you via email or phone that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card in store or via EFT online. No cash refunds.
You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
All refunds are processed within 7 working days.