Rent Daily Maxi-Cosi Priorifix Luxury Car Seat – Isofix
Rent Daily Maxi-Cosi Priorifix Luxury Car Seat – Isofix: If you are a visitor to Cape Town and the surrounds and need to rent a baby car seat, we are your answer. Rent Daily Maxi-Cosi Priorifix Luxury Car Seat – Isofix from us! We supply upmarket rental baby car seats that are in immaculate condition. Each seat is washed, cleaned, bagged and security checked after every rental period. Rent luxury Isofix executive seats on a weekly or monthly basis from us.
You may rent economy or luxury car seats as well as Isofix or non-Isofix seats. The luxury Isofix executive car seats are usually high-end brands like Maxi-Cosi etc. These seats are usually more padded, they have extra side-protection and are bigger than the economy range. The difference between Isofix and non-Isofix can be found in the article below. Please note that all Isofix baby car seats are seen as luxury seats.
Maxi-Cosi Priorifix Isofix Car Seat
A forward-facing car seat which is suitable for children from 9kg to 18kg, (20lbs to 40lbs) – this is approximately 9 months to 4 years<br/> – with side impact protection and installed with an ISOFIX system for ultimate safety. see read more
Features and benefits
- Suitable for children from 9kg to 18kg (20lbs to 40lbs) – this is approximately 9 months to 4 years
- Installed with ISOFIX anchor point or the car’s seat belt
- Adjustable prop to ensure the seat is at the correct height
- 4 reclining positions
- Adjustable harness
ISOFIX versus car seat belts
What’s the best car seat fitting?
Child car seats can be installed using ISOFIX fittings or car seat belts. But how do you decide on the best car seat installation for your car? We’ve set out the pros and cons to help you make up your mind.
Whichever method you choose, it’s crucial to install your car seat correctly. Always follow the user manual or ask an expert retailer to show you what to do.
Advantages of ISOFIX
Ultimately, we advise you to use ISOFIX rather than car seat belts to install your car seat. ISOFIX:
- minimizes the risk of incorrect installation. Child car seats fitted using seat belts are often installed and used incorrectly.
- provides a solid, permanent connection between the car seat and the car body.
- is proven to be outstandingly safe in tests.
Knowing this, let’s go through the pros and cons of both types of installation:
Seat belt method
Choose a car seat that clearly shows how the seat belt must be positioned. This will reduce the risk of using it incorrectly. With Maxi-Cosi seats, you’ll find a belt routing. If in doubt, check the manual.
Belted car seats are:
- safe if installed properly.
- flexible – it’s easy to switch your car seat between cars. But ISOFIX is even easier.
Up to 8 out of 10 inexperienced parents install their car seats incorrectly when using a seat belt. This dramatically reduces the protection offered to your child in a crash. Car seats that use seat belts take more time to install than those installed with ISOFIX.
Safety tests show that ISOFIX is extremely safe. The risk of incorrect installation is low – 94% of parents use ISOFIX correctly. For extra peace of mind, most of our ISOFIX base units have indicators to show they’re fitted correctly.
- ISOFIX is fast and easy. Just one click attaches the car seat solidly to the car.
- An extra support leg or top tether strap increases stability, keeping your child securely in place.
- Booster seats can be permanently secured using ISOFIX.
- Not all cars have ISOFIX car seat fittings.
- Some ISOFIX seats can’t be installed using a seat belt, reducing flexibility.
- ISOFIX seats are often more expensive than belt-based seats.
- ISOFIX seats generally weigh more than belt-based seats.
What is ISOFIX?
ISOFIX is an international standardized fitting system, which provides the safest, easiest and quickest way to install a child car seat correctly, without the need of car seat belts. From 2006, all new cars are equipped with Isofix and a top tether anchorage point. Isofix is also fitted in a large number of car brands built prior to 2006.
IsoFix is standardized worldwide and was developed in partnership with the automotive industry. Almost all new cars are fitted with the IsoFix system. The name IsoFix stands for ISO (International Standardisation Organisation) plus ‘Fix’
Its outstanding safety benefits and features include:
- Fast and easy installation and removal – no need for seat belts
- A solid and permanent connection between the car seat and the car body
- Instant visual and/or sound warning if the car seat is not installed correctly
- Proven to be outstandingly safe in tests
- Superior head and neck protection
- Will not work loose (as can be the case with seat belt attachment)
- Much more difficult to fit incorrectly (unlike seat belt attachment)
(This information is courtesy of www.maxi.com)