Rent Daily Maxi-Cosi Ferrofix Luxury Booster – Isofix (15-36kg)
Rent Maxi-Cosi Ferrofix Luxury Booster – Isofix from us for your next visit to Cape Town and surrounds. We supply Isofix in different brands and non-Isofix boosters to holiday travelers to Cape Town. The Maxi-Cosi Ferrofix is another superior baby seat by Maxi-Cosi. Please read the section “about”.Boosters with harnesses can be used from the weight of 10 kg and boosters that are used with the car’s safety belts are to be used for toddlers more than 15kg.
Parents take note, kids who have outgrown their car seats are not quite ready for a seat belt alone – although they might try to convince you otherwise. Instead, have them transition to a booster seat that enables the adult seat belt to fit properly. Booster seats can actually be pretty cool. Here are a few tips to make sure your kids are safe in a booster seat.
Children seated in a booster seat in the back seat of the car are 45% less likely to be injured in a crash than children using a seat belt alone.
About Maxi-Cosi Ferofix:
The Maxi-Cosi FeroFix provides strong, easy-to-use ISOFIX connectors in a comfortable seat with side and head protection.
he FeroFix is the new Group 2/3 car seat from Maxi-Cosi, which has integrated ISOFIX installation points within the seat. It is Maxi-Cosi’s only seat in this Group that also includes ISOFIX. Designed for children weighing 15kg to 36kg, it could last from roughly 4 to12 years.
The FeroFix comes with significant ‘AirProtect’ protection around the head, with additional side protection around the body. When the backrest is extended in height, the car seat can also widen around your growing child. Importantly, it can also be reclined for longer journeys – a feature that’s conveniently accessed from the front of the seat.
The Maxi-Cosi FeroFix has been designed to be used with both in-car ISOFIX systems as well being held in place with your car’s 3-point seatbelt. If you do have ISOFIX, there are extendable hooks that click neatly into the fittings, which are then retracted to hold the car seat firmly in place. Mine certainly feels very rigid and secure.
( courtesy to www.madeformums.com )
What is ISOFIX?
ISOFIX is an international standardized fitting system, which provides the safest, easiest and quickest way to install a child car seat correctly, without the need of car seat belts. From 2006, all new cars are equipped with Isofix and a top tether anchorage point. Isofix is also fitted in a large number of car brands built prior to 2006.
IsoFix is standardized worldwide and was developed in partnership with the automotive industry. Almost all new cars are fitted with the IsoFix system. The name IsoFix stands for ISO (International Standardisation Organisation) plus ‘Fix’
Its outstanding safety benefits and features include:
- Fast and easy installation and removal – no need for seat belts
- A solid and permanent connection between the car seat and the car body
- Proven to be outstandingly safe in tests
- Superior head and neck protection
- Will not work loose (as can be the case with seat belt attachment)
- Much more difficult to fit incorrectly (unlike seat belt attachment)
ISOFIX versus car seat belts
What is the best car seat fitting?
Child car seats can be installed using ISOFIX fittings or car seat belts. But how do you decide on the best car seat installation for your car? We’ve set out the pros and cons to help you make up your mind.
Whichever method you choose, it’s crucial to install your car seat correctly. Always follow the user manual or ask an expert retailer to show you what to do.
Advantages of ISOFIX
Ultimately, we advise you to use ISOFIX rather than car seat belts to install your car seat. ISOFIX:
- minimizes the risk of incorrect installation. Child car seats fitted using seat belts are often installed and used incorrectly.
- provides a solid, permanent connection between the car seat and the car body.
- is proven to be outstandingly safe in tests.
Knowing this, let’s go through the pros and cons of both types of installation:
Seat belt method
Choose a car seat that clearly shows how the seat belt must be positioned. This will reduce the risk of using it incorrectly. With Maxi-Cosi seats, you’ll find a belt routing. If in doubt, check the manual.
Belted car seats are:
- safe if installed properly.
- flexible – it’s easy to switch your car seat between cars. But ISOFIX are even easier.
Up to 8 out of 10 inexperienced parents install their car seats incorrectly when using a seat belt. This dramatically reduces the protection offered to your child in a crash. Car seats that use seat belts take more time to install than those installed with ISOFIX.
Safety tests show that ISOFIX is extremely safe. The risk of incorrect installation is low – 94% of parents use ISOFIX correctly. For extra peace of mind, most of our ISOFIX base units have indicators to show they’re fitted correctly.
- ISOFIX is fast and easy. Just one click attaches the car seat solidly to the car.
- An extra support leg or top tether strap increases stability, keeping your child securely in place.
- Booster seats can be permanently secured using ISOFIX.
- Not all cars have ISOFIX car seat fittings.
- Some ISOFIX seats can’t be installed using a seat belt, reducing flexibility.
- ISOFIX seats are often more expensive than belt-based seats.
- ISOFIX seats generally weigh more than belt-based seats. (courtesy of maxi-cosi.com)
- When your child is seated in the booster seat, make sure the lap and shoulder belts fit correctly. The lap belt should fit low across the hips and the shoulder belt across the shoulder.
- Do not place the shoulder belt under the child’s arm or behind the child’s back.
- Older kids get weighed and measured less often than babies, so check your child’s growth a few times a year. Generally, kids need to use a booster until they are at least 4 feet 9 inches tall and weigh between 80 and 100 pounds. For most kids, they will be between ages 8 to 12 years old.
- Talk with everyone who drives your kids so they understand that booster seat use is a must when your child is in their vehicles.
- Use a booster seat with the vehicle lap AND shoulder safety belts until your child passes the following Safety Belt Fit Test:
- The child’s knees should bend at the edge of the seat when his or her back and bottom are against the vehicle seat back; and
- The vehicle lap belt should fit across the upper thighs or low on the hips; and
- The shoulder belt should fit across the shoulder and chest. Children are usually between 8 and 12 years old when the seat belt fits them properly.(courtesy of www.safekids.org)
Other Isofix luxury booster seats available:
We also stock :