Video shows all possible installation methods ; with an isofix base and with a non-isofix base
Rent Daily Joie I-Base – Isofix
Rent daily Joie I-Base – Isofix from us when are you are visiting Cape Town or rent for a few months if you are a new mom. New moms, please note that babies outgrow their infant seats from 5 to 6 months and therefore renting makes so much sense!
We stock both the Joie Isofix (i-Base) and the non-Isofix (Clickfit) bases
Why do you need a base?
Any base whether Isofix or non-Isofix makes the installation of an infant seat pure pleasure. Without a base the installation can only be done with the car’s safety belts. This is not easy and takes quite a few minutes…….
Features of an I-Base:
- Compatible with Joie gemm™
- i-Size compatible
- Installation options for more vehicle makes and models
- Secure installation using the vehicle’s ISOFIX attachment
- Colour indicators confirm correct installation of the base to the vehicle
- Colour indicators confirm correct installation of the car seat to the base
- Adjustable support leg
- Support leg stores tidily under base when not in use
- Quick release button for switching infant seat from one vehicle to another
Height adjustable support leg
The support leg provides extra stability for the infant carrier base via the vehicle floor. It minimises the tilting and rotational movement and reduces the forward movement forces exerted on your child in a crash situation, helping to protect them. For a secure installation, the support leg can be adjusted to suit the height that’s best for your car. The easy-to-read indicator shows you when the support leg is positioned firmly on your vehicle’s floor.
The Joie range of prams for eg. Litetrax ,Muze and Mirus is compatible with the Joie infant car seat and base. for more info visit www.joie.com
What is Isofix?
ISOFIX is an international standardized fitting system, which provides the safest, easiest and quickest way to install a child car seat correctly without the need of vehicle seat belts. The name ISOFIX stands for ISO (International Standardization Organization) plus FIX (Fixation). ISOFIX car seats make use of two standard attachment points located at the base of the seat, plus an anti-tipping forward device: either a support leg or top tether.
Why choose an ISOFIX car seat?
While child car seats using regular seat belts are regularly installed and used incorrectly, with ISOFIX the risk of incorrect installation is very small.
ISOFIX offers high safety for children and ease of use to parents:
• Solid and permanent connection between the car seat and the car chassis: force of impact is more controlled, resulting in less force being applied on the child
• Support leg or top tether as an anti-tipping device for increased stability and safety
• Conveniently easy installation in car using standard fitting points without seat belt hassle
• Minimizes errors in installation and use compared to seat belt car seats
• Seat is also secured when driving without a child
Isofix Bases Explained
Car seats and bases which use the IsoFix anchor points are one of the safest systems available for fixing baby car seats into your car. Guaranteeing the protection of your child, an IsoFix base or car seat will provide secure travel wherever your adventures may take you.
What is The IsoFix System?
The IsoFix system has been developed in partnership with the automotive industry and is standardised worldwide. Featured in almost all new cars, the IsoFix system works by securing your child’s car seat base to two fixed anchorage points in your car.
Why Choose An IsoFix Base Or Car Seat?
Offering outstanding safety benefits and features, the IsoFix base is fast, and is easy to install and remove. Eliminating the need for seatbelt fastenings, it simply clicks into position.
Maxi Cosi , EasyFix Base, 2wayFix Base and FamilyFix Base are all compatible with the IsoFix standard. Our bases offer safe rearward facing travel and give instant visual or sound warnings if the car seat has not been installed properly. The Maxi Cosi IsoFix bases are also equipped with a support leg for increased stability. Limiting rotation in case of an accident, the support leg can be height adjusted making sure it rests on firmly on the floor