Rent Daily Chicco Neptune Luxury Booster – (10-36kg)
Luxury booster car seats have more padding and side protection than Economy Boosters.
We stock two types of boosters; those with harnesses and those without harnesses. Boosters like the Maxi-Cosi Rodi or 15 – 36 kg has no harnesses.
You have a choice between Luxury Isofix (click to view) and Luxury non-Isofix boosters (on this page). p.s. all Isofix boosters are regarded as luxury boosters on this website.
When to use a harness?
Boosters with harnesses can be used from a weight of 10 kg.
Boosters without harnesses will be installed with the car’s safety belts. Toddlers need to weigh more than 15kg.
Kids who have outgrown their car seats are not quite ready for a seat belt alone – although they might try to convince you otherwise. (: Instead, have them transition to a booster seat that enables the adult seat belt to fit properly. Booster seats can actually be pretty cool. Here are a few tips to make sure your kids are safe in a booster seat.
Top Tips for booster car seats:
- When your child is seated in the booster seat, make sure the lap and shoulder belts fit correctly. The lap belt should fit low across the hips and the shoulder belt across the shoulder.
- Do not place the shoulder belt under the child’s arm or behind the child’s back.
- Older kids get weighed and measured less often than babies, so check your child’s growth a few times a year. Generally, kids need to use a booster until they are at least 4 feet 9 inches tall and weigh between 80 and 100 pounds. For most kids, they will be between ages 8 to 12 years old.
- Talk with everyone who drives your kids so they understand that booster seat use is a must when your child is in their vehicles.
- Use a booster seat with the vehicle lap AND shoulder safety belts until your child passes the following Safety Belt Fit Test:
- The child’s knees should bend at the edge of the seat when his or her back and bottom are against the vehicle seat back; and
- The vehicle lap belt should fit across the upper thighs or low on the hips; and
- The shoulder belt should fit across the shoulder and chest. Children are usually between 8 and 12 years old when the seat belt fits them properly. (courtesy of Safe Kids)
Children seated in a booster seat in the back seat of the car are 45% less likely to be injured in a crash than children using a seat belt alone.
Luxury booster car seats available:
Please note that this booster has its own harnesses and is, therefore, suitable from the age of 10kg. If your child does not need a harness from the weight of 18 kg and more, we can remove the harness for you or request a seat without a harness.